Saturday, June 09, 2012

Quick Update

A couple of things to mention quickly:

First, I checked my weight yesterday morning, and for the first time in a long, long time, I was under 260 pounds!!! The scale read 259.6!!! Still a ways to go, but it's getting better and better all the time.

And second, I did something today I haven't done in a very long time: Went out jogging. Don't ask me why I did. I just had a desire to do so today. Wasn't much, though. Did 2 miles, and half was jogging and the other half was walking. But I consider that pretty good considering where I was before. It's not something I want to do everyday. My knees will never go for that. Their not really complaining right now, but I can tell they didn't like it. And from using a treadmill before (last time I was around this weight), if I keep it up, they will start screaming at me about it. Maybe when I get down to a lower weight they may be more accepting. Until then, I'm sticking with the exercise cycle.

Which reminds me: One thing I would really like to get (and am saving up for) is an actual bicycle. The exercise cycle doesn't give quite as good a workout as the elliptical did, but it is something that I have been enjoying. And getting a bike to ride around town or on some of the trail in the area (there's one right down the road from my apartment) could be even better!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home